PROTECT YOUR SELF
- Check that the financial institution you are dealing with is licenced by the Bank of Ghana.
- Read all information given to you, especially the conditions (small print).
- Ask questions about anything you do not understand.
- Check carefully any information you obtain about the benefits of a product/services eg. Rate of interest.
- Make sure you understand the nature of risks involved.
- Make sure you understand the charges involved.
- If a deal sounds too good/attractive to be true, double check from other sources before signing up.
- Contact the ICRO help line when in doubt.
- Shop around other banks.