- A customer who is not satisfied with a financial product /service offered by a bank may complain to the bank for redress.
- If not satisfied, the customer may complain to The Head, ICRO, Banking Supervision Department, Bank of Ghana, P.O. Box 2674, Accra for assistance.
- Take legal action.
SOME OF THE CAUSES OF CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS
- Unexpected/ excessive charges
- Losing money because of a bank's slow administration
- Dispute over who is at fault if money is stolen from an account.
- Incorrect or misleading information about a product.
- A bank's failure to adequately warn customers about the risks of a product/service.
- A banks failure to draw attention to a particularly strict condition in a contract.
- A bank's failure to carry out customer's instructions.
- Discriminatory Pricing (unfairly being offered worse terms than other customers)
- Not being given adequate notice about charges to a contract.